Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Follower of Christ Jesus or not?

     I have to place myself in the mix here because I was always a part of this crowd. The crowd that I'm speaking about are the people who call themselves Christians/followers of Christ. Man here I was for years so quick to say "Hey I'm a Christian!" when I was just as worldly as they come. Living my life full of drama, tainted mouth, rolling up in the worldly hot spots trying to be like everyone else when deep down in my spirit I knew that this was not me at all. So there were church services that I attended on Sundays, but it wasn't every Sunday. I thought I was doing just fine picking up the bible reading a few versus here and there along with some hit or miss prayers. But come on here, I couldn't ignore the fact that God was talking to me, and tugging at me. I was the type of person who picked and choose the scriptures that I wanted to live by. Does any of this sound like you? So many of us call ourselves Christians when the way we live is not Christ-like. Christian is just another name for disciple meaning "follower of Christ". You know it's funny but it's not funny when I read profiles on different social networking sites listing all of their worldly things that they are into. Then under religion, CHRISTIAN is listed?! For one, Christianity is not a religion. If it really means a follower of Christ which is based on real whole kingdom living according to the word of God (THE BIBLE) then God is not a religion seeing how He created us. If you call God a religion then you are saying that your mother and father are a religion! Get where I'm coming from? I know that there is not a perfect soul, and we all make mistakes, have sinned and fell short of the Glory, but a lot of us Christian claimers are not even trying or trying hard enough. The reason why a lot of people are not even trying is because they think that they're not sinning and by attending church every Sunday then they're good! Then you can't tell Christians a "STINKIN THING". People get so offended because they claim to know the bible so well, you don't need to tell them any wrong doings. A lot of Christians do know the bible very well, but I would list that under "scripture memorization". They can quote the word up and down, all day long, and all though the town, but have not one idea of what it means. Why? Because they don't study. I will get into that in another subject. I have more respect for the one's who live worldly while not claiming to be men and women of God.


James 1:22-25 (New King James Version)


22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

Are you a follower of Christ or not??




No comments:

Post a Comment